© created by you
THE BAD NEWS:
We are born into this world with a sin nature and are therefore separated from God!
- Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God..."
- Romans 5:12 - “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:”
Because of sin we face physical and spiritual death!
- Romans 6:23a - "For the wages of sin is death..."
- I Corinthians 15:22a - “For as in Adam all die…”
- Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
THE GOOD NEWS:Jesus Christ died for us and paid a price we could never pay.
- Romans 6:23b - "...but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
- Romans 5:8 - "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Jesus Christ became the sinless sacrifice, satisfying God's requirement of death for sin. WHAT DO I DO NOW IF I DO BELIEVE?
Jesus' shed blood washes our sins away.
- John 1:29 - The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
- I John 1:7 - "...and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanseth us from all sin."
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? We need to recognize that we can never earn salvation!
We need to believe that Jesus Christ truly died for our sins!
Ephesians 2:8-9 - “For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
Romans 3:10-11 - 10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Isaiah 64:6 - But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
- John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish but have everlasting life."
II Thessalonians 2:13 – “…because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.”
Rejoice that you are now part of God's family!
Attend a Bible believing local church so that you can grow in Christ!
- John 1:12 - "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"
- Acts 2:41-42 - 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
- II Timothy 3:16-17 - 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Feel free to contact Pastor Tom if you would like to know more about these truths.
Like a candle in the darkness, the Gospel is God's good news leading us from a life of hopeless darkness
to a life of hope and purpose as we grow to be more like Christ!